The roughness of the world, the off-track-ness, the folly that you see, these are the most precious gifts you will receive in this lifetime. They are not here to distance you from the world, but to guide you into your contribution to it. The world was made with a you-shaped hole in it. In that way you are important. In that way you are here to make the world. In that way you are called.
hi, i’m gavrila,
a daughter, sister, grief walker, dedicated mindfulness practitioner, speaker, singer, teacher, and contemplative dreamer. i seek connection through embodiment – the main channel where the capacity to be intimate with life can grow.
as a relational somatic psychotherapist, i focus on uncovering innate wholeness amongst grief, trauma, depression, anxiety, and life transitions that can impact one’s sense of belonging and balance. i am devoted to cultivating refuge, connection, and awareness to aid in transformational healing.
as a mindfulness and embodiment facilitator, i seek to co-create communities of learning with embedded trauma sensitivity as a means to actively support inclusivity.
all that i do is founded in presence, led by intuition, and deeply reverent to our ancestral and lived history that molds who we are, how we walk in this world, and what we are here to do.
i am a life-long learner.
there are many lineages of wisdom that have informed the way i support and facilitate.
- master’s degree in somatic psychology, california institute of integral studies (CIIS)
- bachelor’s in industrial engineering, university of michigan
- training in relational somatic therapy
- dedicated practitioners program in trauma-sensitive mindfulness
- co-founder of trauma-aware mindfulness collective
- 230-hour yoga teacher training
- training in yoga nidra
- training in facilitating active meditation
- mindfulness teacher and mentor for spirit rock insight meditation center and inward bound mindfulness education
- ongoing participation in extended, silent meditation retreats
a little bit more about my unfolding path
i’m in this work because of my own journey through the profound complexity of being human. i am no stranger to the intangible emptiness that begs for life’s meaning or to the waves of grief that leave us on our knees. wisdom, compassion, and spirituality are pillars of my survival. meditation and the earthly feminine rituals of my jewish ancestors saved my life. i am devoted to the human potential for growth and aliveness, and devoted to uncovering and reclaiming innate wholeness.
as ancient wisdom continues to meet the mainstream, native bodies of these philosophies often go unacknowledged. just as the trauma of assimilation undresses folks of tradition due to the need to survive as they walk across the borders of the United States, ancient technologies lose their heritage bodies when translated for modern, western consumption.
- a deep bow to the Buddha’s teachings that have been protected, conserved, and freely offered for over 2600 years.
- a deep bow to my own Ashkenazi Jewish ancestors who somehow, through a history of survival, have protected our Hebrew shamanic traditions, rituals, and teachings.
- a deep bow to those who stretch, reform, or break systems of oppression
may we remember, respect, and acknowledge.